Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Clementine Weekend


Good morning everybody! I thought I'd give a quick recap of what I spent my weekend doing. 


I came up with a clementine plan of attack after getting a box of clementines and realizing there was no way I could eat them before they died.  


So I juiced the whole box, and made a brand new cocktail which I dubbed the Annabel St. George. It just seemed like an Annabel St. George. It had one part gin, two parts clementine juice, one part strawberry-banana juice, and a splash of pineapple and lime. Absolutely delicious. 


Then I made meatballs for the first time ever. You can find the absolutely delicious recipe here. It called for chicken, but I used ground beef and it was absolutely delicious. 


My only recommendation is to double the cheese called for in the recipe.    


Hermione tried on the practice pom pom I made to see if she'd like being a bunny rabbit for a change. (She didn't.) 


Morning tea party with toast! 


And then I tried what is my new love.  


The clementine poppy seed loaf.  


How do you capture liquid sunshine and flowers in a dessert?  


Make this loaf. And that was that for the weekend! Have a marvelous day everyone! 

No comments: