Monday, December 5, 2011

good morning!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are ready to face the work week! I had my two brunches, got stuck in the Scottish Parade that apparently takes place every year in Old Town Alexandria, visited Mount Vernon, visited the Archives, and still managed to cram in time to take a nap! Here are some of the pictures from this weekend!


Mount Vernon in Gingerbread 


The Most Amazing Waffles Ever (But I was good and ordered Eggs Benedict) 


David McCullough has said that Mount Vernon is the autobiography that George Washington never wrote. 




I rather think he is right! 


Hermione looking pensive. 


Liberty, the Turkey Obama pardoned, now living in captivity.


Apparently Aladdin the Camel is a Mount Vernon Tradition. 


He was the friendliest camel I've ever seen. 


And just a HINT of a blog post for later this week of the waffles I did eat. Waffles with Blackberry Butter and Maple Syrup Air on top!


No comments: