Monday, November 29, 2010

doctor who



I have never been much for science fiction, but upon the urging of friends I tried watching season five of Doctor Who while spending a few hours at the airport waiting for my flight home. But where to start? Apparently this series is something of a BBC institution, and dates all the way back to the 1960s. So I asked my friend Lizzie where to begin and she recommended beginning with Matt Smith's version which began this year. And within five minutes I was completely taken with the series.


My excuse is that this is not the normal flashy scary science fiction so is completely okay to be in love with. The hero has a British accent, that funny sense of humor that is uniquely British, and completely whimsical. Besides, it's not usually too scary so I don't have to worry about bad dreams. So if you haven't tried it already, do try it at once! 

No comments: