Saturday, October 30, 2010

mini mixtape number three (3)

It's the weekend beautiful world! The time of the week where you can rest and recuperate and do exactly as you please for two entire days and three nights. This week I have put together a mini mixtape of my favorite songs from my favorite movies. The instrumental songs that I like to listen to when I am relaxing or reading a novel or just whenever I need the calming sounds of perfection.



Liz on Top of the World by Dario Marianelli and performed by Jean Yves Thibaudet from Pride and Prejudice

This music is simply beautiful. It's like waves of morning sunlight cascading over your soul. What more could a girl want?



Penelope's Theme by Nathan Johnson and the Cinematic Underground from The Brothers Bloom

I love how the waltz almost stops in the middle, and then picks up with alacrity to be one of the most perfect representations of a character ever. The music trips along much like life has a tendency to do.



La Valse D'Amelie by Yann Tiersen from Amelie

It wouldn't be a proper playlist without something from the charming score for Amelie, now would it? This song will always remind me of my friend Kimbellina, writing long pages about the Iliad and wondering if the endless writing would ever be done.



Proposal / Down the Hole by Danny Elfman from Alice in Wonderland

It begins so very properly, like a well balanced piece of classical music, and then you can hear the White Rabbit make his appearance and Alice chasing after him. Love love love it.



Good Bye Lenin by Yann Tiersen from Good Bye Lenin


I just love this song. I love how it begins so cautiously, with an energy of glimmers of hope, but then it begins to build and it sounds like spring has suddenly arrived, with an entirely new set of possibilities. It perfectly illustrates the film, yet stands alone as a beautiful theme song.

No comments: