Tuesday, September 7, 2010

a shout out to the netherlands


Apparently people from the Netherlands make up a large percentage of my blog readers, and since I have always wanted to visit Amsterdam, and because the name Netherlands holds mysteries and fairytales, I wanted to give all of you lovely Dutch people a shout-out with the Glassbulb Light by OOMS.


I knew that the Netherlands was one of the happiest countries in the world, but I had no idea that it was a mecca for beautiful design as well. The Glassbulb Light gives the illusion of hanging wine glasses filled with lights. I absolutely adore the whimsical look these lights give to even the most serious of rooms. It's a bit shocking that nobody has come up with this concept before, since wine glasses are arguably one of the prettiest shapes ever.


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

If I had a restaurant, I would use these all over the place!