Monday, August 9, 2010

from my window to yours


(photo by Luna Moth of us at Arcade Fire)

I saw Arcade Fire live in concert at the Merriweather Post Pavilion on Friday.



And they played Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)

And of course (since my roommate and I have been fans of Arcade Fire for so very many years now) it made our hearts indescribably happy. It was like meeting your lover after falling in love with them for years and years and having that first kiss and it living up to all of your expectations! Absolutely beautiful. So if Arcade Fire is playing near you, drop everything and go, because it was the most exciting soul changing experience ever.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though I probably would have been the oldest person there... I would have loved to see them!!!!!!

the pink pixie said...

Oh no, during Rebellion this group of old men pushed past me and started loudly talking of their kitchen renovations. It was very strange. ^.^

David said...

Hey Danae! I was wondering if anyone else made it to the concert! Paul and I were sitting out on the lawn, doing some serious people watching before the concert. By the end of the day, we were able to distinguish between the very uncoordinated hippie shuffle and the ironic, carefully managed chaos of the hipster slide. I loved the concert, though I wish they'd played Neon Bible. New album sounds pretty good, eh?

David said...

Oh, and this is David Dill. :)