Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tonic on 4th!

(image via Tonic on 4th)

One of my favorite parts of adventuring is the food, and Cincinnati has some simply amazing places for food. Tonic on Fourth is the bar section of Local 127, a restaurant that uses only local foods. But I like to sit in the bar section, because they usually have cute chairs and I like to watch the mixologists work their magic. So we picked and chose from the bar menu.

(image by David Sorcher/Metromix)

And oh my was it amazing. This was my first encounter with beefalo, and because beef has never been a favorite of mine I was a little bit worried when we ordered it. But it was silly to worry, because it was one of the most amazing things I have ever tasted. It practically melted in your mouth. And then they had their Kennebunk fries with cheese sauce. I'm not sure which was my favorite. My only regret? I didn't have room for dessert, because if their desserts are half as good as their beefalo sliders, then I know it must be cheesecake heaven.



1 comment:

Erica said...

Currently living in Chicago, but home grown in Cincinnati, Ohio. So glad to see an outsider supporting Cincinnati! It truly is a neat little city with a lot to offer, but not many know about it or even give it a chance.... kind of like a dimond in the rough. :)