Friday, May 28, 2010

fishies fishies fishies



I have a long and varied history with aquariums. For some reason I just keep finding myself at them. Whether it is the Baltimore Aquarium or the Shedd Aquarium or the crazy huge Aquarium in San Francisco that has a longer and more complicated name that I just can't put my finger on at the moment, we always find time to pay our respects to the penguins.



Unfortunately we forgot the camera (I didn't want to have to go down the many many many flights of steps again to retrieve it) when we visited the Newport Aquarium right outside of Cincinnati, so I shall have to make do with the photos from all the other aquariums. Because the nice thing about aquariums is you are always guaranteed to see some of your favorite creatures. And we saw a snapping turtle that was frozen into position much like this turtle who makes his home in the Shedd Aquarium. It's crazy. They must not like to move.



At least he lives happily with the other fish who know better than to go near his wide open mouth.



The Newport Aquarium has lovely exhibits, and many tunnels that you can walk through and see the sharks swimming above you. And they have shark rays, which crazily enough look exactly like if a shark fell in love with a ray and had children with it. I don't know if that is possible, but I would totally believe it if you said it were.



And they have PENGUINS at the Newport Aquarium. I adore penguins! Has there ever been a cuter bird with more energy than the little penguins that dart and dive about and miraculously scoot ashore? I really don't think it is possible.

No comments: