Tuesday, March 30, 2010

living in colour


And so I have returned from New Mexico, the land of crazy altitudes and decorative highway art. I absolutely adored every bit of it. How could I not? It is completely and utterly beautiful, filled with magic and pixie dust and Georgia O'Keeffe!




I fell in love all over again at the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum. It is a lovely little museum with a lovely little cafe right next door. I've always loved Georgia O'Keeffe since seeing an exhibit of her paintings at the American Art Museum in DC, but there is something magical about seeing them in New Mexico. The colors all begin to make sense, and the life and excitement of her beautiful flower pictures find their home in her pictures of her beloved New Mexico. It was absolute happiness.


1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Georgia O'Keeffe in New Mexico is like marshmallows in hot chocolate. Both are good by themselves, but perfect together. :)